[OLPC-devel] Boot tasks?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:32:11 EDT 2006

The weeked approaches and thats when I have most time to do OLPC stuff.

My current status is that I can build images with buildrom that boot
and drop me to an ash shell but I can't seem to get a disk mounted.  I
always get an error.

Ron has sent me a known good initrd that he uses so hoepefully its
just an issue with the initrd from the output of buildrom.   I'll
figure that out first.

There's been talk that we want the boot to run scripts to set
everything up.  Any sort of plan for that?  I've enabled init (with
/etc/initab) support in the buildrom config and it fits and seems to
work.  Do we want an init or just a single script that does stuff?

I'll start building up the necessary stuff for inclusion in buildrom
if I can get a sort of concensus on the direction to take.

--
Richard A. Smith