[OLPC-devel] belt and suspenders...

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Jul 11 14:08:16 EDT 2006

The following went through my mind this morning:
1) first line of defense is idiot proof flash update utility, per the
message I sent out some weeks ago.
2) Here's the question: is it feasible to checksum the Linux as
Bootloader image in the flash, and if it is corrupted, do a direct boot
off of a USB device or jffs2 image instead as a means of recovery?

I have no clue if this idea is worth the bits of this mail message, but
I thought I should ask, on the "boy, Jim can be paranoid" theory ;-).
                         Regards,
                             - Jim

--
Jim Gettys