code signing/secure boot sequence (Re: [OLPC-devel] Re: wireless/libertas: miscellaneous fixes)

James Morris jmorris at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 10:31:26 EDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> My one and only concern with this is the virus problem.  It's a real
> concern, too.  We need some sharp thinking on it.

SELinux can help to significantly contain exploitable flaws in userland
software, which, in conjunction with measures like exec-shield, can really
help a lot here.

How configurable will the OLPC systems be from a user perspective?  One of
the problems we've had with SELinux so far is that people do all kinds of
interesting things we weren't expecting with, say, fs layout.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at redhat.com>