[OLPC-devel] Re: Why ACPI DSDT tables?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jul 10 20:05:59 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:48:30PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> >  * cpu powerstates
>
> cpufreq provides a userspace interface for this. But the Geode doesn't
> really have a decent selection of CPU power states anyway.

Not really - cpufreq provides operating levels for power and frequency,
but doesn't really provide an interface that's appropriate for ACPI C
states. The Geode seems to support C1 and C2, and we really want to
support those if we're going to hit any power targets. I can't remember
from the docs, but it's possible that the Geode C2 is incompatible with
bus-mastering - if so, we really need to have another interface for
dealing with it.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org