[OLPC-devel] Why ACPI DSDT tables?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 10 11:45:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 17:41 +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Frankly, for booting Windows this is probably as good as not providing
> a DSDT at all, as the Microsoft OSes don't provide a decent way of
> attaching the DSDT to their initrd ;)=

Neither do they provide a decent of running from the onboard NAND flash.

Should we provide an INT 13h BIOS call which does some kind of block
device emulation instead of using JFFS2?

I think not. If someone wants Windows running properly on it, they have
to do some development work _anyway_.

--
dwmw2