[OLPC-devel] Problem starting sugar

Daniel Olivera daniel at ututo.org
Thu Jul 6 10:40:04 EDT 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 07:37:07 -0600
Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:

..

> apropo this, I have looked at the config file that comes with the
> image (as I tried to build a kernel).
>
> Wow, this config includes ATM, 10 gige, 1 gige, etc. It's kind of
> bloated. It takes a very long time just to build the bzImage on my
> laptop, and the modules, well, that's a good nap.
>
> I'm shrinking it down, since the kernel as configured won't work
> under kexec anyway -- not sure why, I don't care, I don't think we
> need all this junk in the OLPC kernel. I don't see any reason to have
> such a 'kitchen sink' configuration for OLPC kernel.

This image downloaded don't boot in my board and also in qemu.
I always have a "kernel panic"

I now tring to make my own image using syslinux and compiling minimal
kernel version 2.6.16-11 (using gentoo sources).

I make other own image using syslinux and precompiled kernel from UTUTO
XS Vivo! (Live CD) and this boot good and work fine.

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (Mate.Cosido) - UTUTO
"Al asesinato en masa los hombres lo llaman guerra"

ICQ: 8368437 - Jabber: dolivera at jabber.org
IPv4/IPv6 site: www.ututo.org
Blog: daniel.ututo.org
SIP address: sip:ututo at iptel.org
UTUTO XS 2006 GNU System - 100% software libre