[OLPC-devel] Problem starting sugar

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 6 09:37:07 EDT 2006

Daniel Olivera wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:34:46 -0400
> Nicolas Barriga <nbarriga at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
>

>>Hi, i've tried these images on qemu and an olpc board:
>>olpc-stream-development-35-20060705_1555-ext3.img
>>

> I try with this image and after start I have a "kernel panic".
> Wich parameters you are using to run qemu with this image?

apropo this, I have looked at the config file that comes with the image
(as I tried to build a kernel).

Wow, this config includes ATM, 10 gige, 1 gige, etc. It's kind of
bloated. It takes a very long time just to build the bzImage on my
laptop, and the modules, well, that's a good nap.

I'm shrinking it down, since the kernel as configured won't work under
kexec anyway -- not sure why, I don't care, I don't think we need all
this junk in the OLPC kernel. I don't see any reason to have such a
'kitchen sink' configuration for OLPC kernel.

thanks

ron