Other stuff, and Power Management

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Sat Dec 9 15:18:13 EST 2006

The firmware does not support SD yet.  It hasn't been a priority...

The power button should turn off the machine if you hold it in for 4
seconds, just like on a PC.  More complicated instant power management,
like suspend, is not yet implemented.  The power button does generate
keycodes, but the OS infrastructure to handle them is not yet ready for
prime time.

The brightness level is changed by sending commands to the DCON chip via
SMBUS.  The kernel does the talking to SMBUS; OF is not running once the
kernel takes control.

I don't know the answers to the rest of your questions.