Other stuff, and Power Management
hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 11:57:30 EST 2006
Thanks for sending me a test B machine - I've been playing with it lots
the last couple of days.
First, an easy question:
* Do you want the test-A board back?
Then a moderately easy question:
* Why doesn't the cursor change to "busy" when it's working? I've nearly
rebooted it a couple of times when it was actually "thinking"...
Then the difficult ones:
* Why can't I seem to boot an devel ext3 image from the SD slot? OF
* Why does the power button (hardware) do nothing? Will it send out
keycodes or some other events in the future?
* How do you change the backlight brightness from a program(rather than
the keyboard buttons)?
* How is the brightness level being changed? Some embedded EC? OF? Do we
get a userspace signal/event when the user changes it?
* Is the battery class stuff ready to be integrated with HAL? i.e. will
the file names change? I can code this next week if you like.
* DPMS seems not to work. "sleep 1 && xset dpms force off" does nothing.
* Where are per-session settings stored? GConf?
This is all from an "as supplied" image. Cheers for any help,
More information about the Devel