Sugar API's for other than Python

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 07:45:36 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:50 +0200, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> Once the Sugar cooks a little bit more, and becomes stabilized, I
> will start doing a Lua binding to it. Now, since the framework is
> made all in Python, have you considered other language support at
> all? Binding to C libraries is often rather easy, is there going to
> be a C level libsugar or something, that can be used, or what would
> you deem as a good approach?

The idea right now is that if your language can talk to DBus, you can be
an activity.  We may also need to create a small widget library that
gets bound in various languages for GUI bits so everything can look
consistent between activities too.  But for the moment, DBus is the
language-agnostic glue.

Dan