Sugar API's for other than Python

Asko Kauppi askok at dnainternet.net
Wed Dec 6 04:50:50 EST 2006

Hello, everyone.

Once the Sugar cooks a little bit more, and becomes stabilized, I
will start doing a Lua binding to it. Now, since the framework is
made all in Python, have you considered other language support at
all? Binding to C libraries is often rather easy, is there going to
be a C level libsugar or something, that can be used, or what would
you deem as a good approach?

I do understand Sugar is only the coating on the cake. That Gtk+,
Cairo, DBUS etc. shall be supported as well - they will. Reasons for
Lua support are that it's tiny, comfortable and very easy to learn.
Would be a perfect companion of the OLPC ideology in my opinion.

Any estimate, when Sugar might be ready enough to start this (=
feature complete, they'd say in commercial enterprises..)? :)

- Asko Kauppi