Feedback on BTest-1 Unit

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 4 19:31:48 EST 2006

Jim Gettys wrote:
> I think this path is the wrong place to concentrate right now.
>
> We should be working on making suspend/resume to/from RAM work, and go
> as fast as possible.  If others want to work on suspend to disk, fine,
> but boot time isn't interesting once you have fast suspend/resume
> working with good power management.

good point. I have not been much use lately but would like to be
involved in this, in part to ensure that the technical solution can work
in the context of a linuxbios that does not have an OFW payload -- there
is real value in this outside the context of OLPC, and I think a
solution is possible without making extra work that is general purpose.

thanks
ron