[OLPC-devel] Re: Problem after installing to NAND

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sun Aug 27 19:41:37 EDT 2006

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> Its been established that he wasn't as thorough as he should have been.
> We're not 100% sure that we can boot reliably from a warm boot. Personally,
> I've been about 95% successful - with the other 5% being infrequent as to
> not be able to determine a pattern.

True, I guess.

Well, what I'd like to do: (I did this years ago for another purpose)

I will run a program that on my linuxbios box searches the 2^32 MSRs and
prints the good ones. Then we do the same on insyde. This usually runs
overnight. Then we can start hunting down the diffs.

I put something on trak, please look at it. I want a list of RAM and CPU
part #s on failing machines -- since my OLPC has NEVER failed a warm
restart ...

ron