[OLPC-devel] Re: Problem after installing to NAND
jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Aug 27 17:42:24 EDT 2006
On 26/08/06 21:02 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Jim Gettys wrote:
> >After unplugging this machine for half an hour or so, it magically
> >recovered. Samat has recovered the machine he was playing with the same
> >Sure seems like something isn't getting reliably set somewhere.
> > - Jim
> I should add that the last thing Goodrich did with us was to make sure
> all the registers were right. The only differences left right before he
> finished did not look importan ...
Its been established that he wasn't as thorough as he should have been.
We're not 100% sure that we can boot reliably from a warm boot. Personally,
I've been about 95% successful - with the other 5% being infrequent as to
not be able to determine a pattern.
We need to solidify the problem, and get a debugger on it to see where we
are hanging about.
Senior Linux Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
More information about the Devel