[OLPC-devel] Olpcflash works from LB

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Sun Aug 27 04:29:51 EDT 2006

I verified that you can run olpcflash from the LinuxBIOS payload kernel,
instead of booting up all the way to the real kernel.  As expected, it
works regardless of whether LB is loaded from SPI or PLCC.

You have to get the image from somewhere else, of course.  I did it by
first reading the existing SPI FLASH contents to a file, then writing
them back.

In the process of testing this, I discovered that buildrom requires
manual intervention to ensure that the latest version of olpcflash.c is
used.  The details are in http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/66