[OLPC-devel] where we stand as of the end of aug 23 re: LinuxBIOS

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Thu Aug 24 03:46:20 EDT 2006

Build 76 is working for me also, with LB built from the latest git.

However, I'm still seeing the USB errors,

   end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector NNNNNN

for very many values of NNNNNN

The error messages always start to appear right after

   Starting system message bus:

I wonder if that is significant?

I have tried two different revA boards, both behave the same.

---- Oh great.  It has stopped failing now.  What I did:

Logged in on VT2.  (I took a long time, because of all the errors)

ps -ax;   then killed the dbus-daemon (no help)
tried to kill various X-related processes, hard to tell if that helped.
commented out the "once" line (runs prefdm) at the end of /etc/inittab,
then "kill -1 1"
Then the error messages stopped.

Added ",noatime" to the / mount in /etc/fstab.

Rebooted, no errors.

Restored /etc/inittab and /etc/fstab to their former glory.

Rebooted, still no errors.