[OLPC-devel] Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight. (note change in time).

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Wed Aug 23 03:32:45 EDT 2006

Richard Smith wrote:

>> > Perhaps we could make a tweak to kexec so it could load memtest?
>>
>> I thought it could ...
>>

> kexec maybe but kbl-kexec dosen't like it. I just tried and got 'not a
> bzImage'.

In the source code for kbl-exec, the source code that purports to
support ordinary ELF
images is commented out with "#if 0".

See work/kexec-boot-loader/kexec-boot-loader/kexec/kexec.c line 191 and
kexec-x86.c line 93.

Personally, I think this is a Bad Thing.  Why should it only be possible
to boot something
that is in a complicated format that is only used by the Linux kernel?