[OLPC-devel] SST 49LF008A

Samat Jain samat at laptop.org
Tue Aug 22 20:14:32 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 19:35, stephen pearce wrote:
> Do you have to install this socketed part on the development board to
> install the linuxbios ...

No.

> It's unclear to me whether you have to do this or can overwrite the
> Insyde Bios in the flash rom which must already be soldered on the
> motherboard.

You can: there are two different sets of instructions on the wiki.

For the socketed flash, use the instructions marked for dealing with the PLCC
EEPROM. I wrote these, so *I* think they're complete.

For overwriting the Insyde BIOS flash (the one soldered onto the motherboard),
look for instructions dealing with the SPI ROM.

Samat