[OLPC-devel] Re: GPL compliance for buildrom

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at AMD.COM
Tue Aug 22 14:22:00 EDT 2006

On 22/08/06 09:55 -0700, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> Actually, the upgrade procedure that I documented does indeed include
> Richard's image.  Or more precisely,
> a slightly enhanced version of it that I created.
>
> My enhancements consisted of:
>
> a) Moving linuxbios.rom into the initrd image so that it's not necessary
> to mount the boot media

I know you don't mean that you put it into the ROM initrd - it wouldn't even
come close to fitting.  So we have to mount the boot media regardless.

> b) Creating simple shell scripts "flashlb" and "restore" to collapse the
> required command sequences
> into one-word, nothing to get wrong, zingers.  This also allowed me to
> add a small measure of
> recoverability that is useful for testing - you can go back to
> InsydeBIOS if you do it before rebooting.

I'm going to need these scripts to put them into the ROM image.

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer