[OLPC-devel] Re: LinuxBIOS update status

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Aug 21 23:34:36 EDT 2006

On 21/08/06 22:13 -0400, Ivan Krsti?? wrote:
> - David, can you brief us on where your machine currently stands? If I
> understand correctly, you've successfully flashed it with LinuxBIOS, but
> don't have it giving a usable VGA signal (is it expecting the DCON to be
>  there?), so you can only use it through ssh. Is this accurate? How long
> will this take to fix?

Technically, the signal is bad because the current build sets mode
1200x900 at 50, which may or may not please your monitor (probably not).
We have two possible courses of action here:

1) Change the default mode to something standard (like 1024x768) for the
first build (and change it back when we go wide with the DCON image).

2) Replace the 1200x900 at 50 mode with a 1200x900 at 75 mode.

In both cases, we're eventually going to insert the right mode depending
if we detect a DCON or not, but that will have to wait for me to get a DCON
to make sure the LinuxBIOS detection works correctly.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer