[OLPC-devel] LinuxBIOS update status

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 21 22:13:44 EDT 2006

Hey folks,

I just poked around a bit; we're currently blocking on a couple of
things before we can release instructions for upgrading to LinuxBIOS.

- OLPC Fedora build 59, marked 'last stable', doesn't contain fbdev and
the requisite bits that LinuxBIOS is counting on, so we need a more
recent stable build to actually upgrade.

- David, can you brief us on where your machine currently stands? If I
understand correctly, you've successfully flashed it with LinuxBIOS, but
don't have it giving a usable VGA signal (is it expecting the DCON to be
 there?), so you can only use it through ssh. Is this accurate? How long
will this take to fix?

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D