[OLPC-devel] how to update bios to linuxbios

stephen pearce pearce.sg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:37:01 EDT 2006

Hi
1/
Could someone tell me or direct me to a description of howto update the
olpc development board bios from  Insy...  to linuxbios?
2/
What is the part number/ description for the socketed flash rom which
goes into the development board so I can obtain one
3/
Can the red hat image be writen to usb flash rom and then used to boot
the development board .. if so apart from copying the image .. dd to a
usb flash drive what else is necessary to make a bootable image ..
also is the source available for this so one could produce a reduced
image by removing some of the code

I have got puppylinux to boot on a 512 MB Cosair memory stick .. I
tried a number of other memory sticks unsuccessfully suggesting some
incompatibility amongst the usb interfaces on these sticks .. (same
problems on a non olpc pc .. so I don't think it is an aberation of
the olpc platfom

Thanks

--
Stephen Pearce