[OLPC-devel] Re: Not so good news (Was: good news)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Aug 2 13:23:02 EDT 2006

On 01/08/06 20:37 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Uh, please hold off on this, until I try to understand what you guys are
> up to.

The infrastructure is solid, even if the implementation is not.  Right now,
the thing produces exactly the same ROM it did before - just a bit more
Makefile magic behind the curtain.

When Carl-Daniel gets his compression working, then we'll be able to easily
move over.  His reasoning is solid - omiting the bzImage load code does
have value, IMHO.  I do have concerns about speed and the extra code size
in the ROM, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer