[OLPC-devel] Re: good news

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 1 22:37:10 EDT 2006

Carl-Daniel U. Hailfinger wrote:

> I noticed that switching to nrv2b compression alone will save >20 kb. And nrv2b is already supported by LinuxBIOS.
>
> If you apply the attached patch and change line 7 in work/linuxbios/LinuxBIOSv2/targets/olpc/rev_a/Config.1M.lb to
>
> option CONFIG_COMPRESSED_ROM_STREAM=1

hold on! I've been this whole route before. I started out with nrv2b and
moved BACK to mkelfimage.

I went back to mkelfimage, from the nrv2b, because overall there were
too many bits missing (such as the cmdline we got from mkelfimage).

This is moving too fast for me. Let's take it one thing at a time.

Carl-daniel, show me exactly what changes you intend to make, and let's
see what is going on.

thanks

ron