[OLPC-devel] Re: good news

Carl-Daniel U. Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 09:19:55 EDT 2006

Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
>
> > So if its cool with everybody,  I'll put this patch into my local patch
> > set, and await the LinuxBIOS patch with great anticipation.
>
> yes. buildrom works now. we'll work with the lzma mods but not release
> until it is solid.

Log follows:
compiler at piii-1000:/storage/olpc/buildrom> make
Cleaning unneeded libraries...
Building the initrd...
Building the ELF payload...
Bytes left in ROM: 95538
Building the uncompressed ELF payload...
Compressing the uncompressed ELF payload with lzma...
Bytes left in ROM: 245336
Building linuxbios...
Making the ROM...

Updated patch attached. This patch will build a lzma compressed ELF payload while still leaving the existing build unmodified. It will give you an estimate of how much more you can cram into the kernel and initrd before space runs out.

That only leaves the LinuxBIOS patch to be done.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel