[Devel-announce] Please help test our new best 8.2.0 candidate, 8.2-763!

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Sep 23 22:28:36 EDT 2008

You'll know that we're nearing the end of our arduous 8.2.0 release cycle when
you see the polish and features in our new candidate build, 8.2-763, valid
until Wednesday, September 30 [1]. Its changelog (from 759) is available here:

    http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-September/019564.html
    http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-September/019571.html
    http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-September/019616.html

Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

while we still have time to document any issues that you might find!

Next, please hammer on the list of activities and content that we currently
intend to ship:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/8.2.0  (will be updated tomorrow)
    (NB: the activity updater should pull all this down for you, if you ask it)

Currently known issues are recorded at:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_8.2-763
    and in the usual http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trac_queries

New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
according to

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs

or by notifying us by other means.

Finally, for those of you anxiously waiting to test 8.2.0 builds on locked
laptops, we expect to have a signed build for you this week. Watch

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ECO/8.2.0

for progress.

Thanks!

Michael

[1]: The multi-hundred-thousand-laptop question is: 2008 or 2009? :)