[Devel-announce] Please help test our new best 8.2.0 candidate, 8.2-759!

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Thu Sep 4 21:20:48 EDT 2008

We got an awesome new 8.2 candidate build, 8.2-759, valid until
Wednesday, September 10. Its changelog is available here:

    http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-September/018843.html
    (except that we decided to hold off on the #7415 patch)

Please help test it according to the detailed instructions at

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

while we still have time to fix issues you might find!

Next, since we've done a lot of documentation work over the past few
weeks, it would be really helpful if you could glance at our manuals and
release notes:

    http://en.flossmanuals.net/XO
    http://en.flossmanuals.net/Sugar
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0

to looking for discrepancies that need to be fixed.

Currently known issues are recorded at:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes#Build_8.2-759

New issues should be filed in our bug-tracking system (dev.laptop.org)
according to

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Submitting_bugs

or by notifying us by other means.

Thanks!