[Community] Discussion Financing techniques to finance 100.000.000 € OLPC's

Sven AERTS SvenAERTS228 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:21:28 EDT 2007

AADFK is the brussels member of www.dfkintl.com - 300 offices and a
couple of thousand people.

We might have a financing technique that could be interesting for
government that would like to obtain the 1 million OLPC's at no cost.

The country puts for 100 million € in gvt buildings / cash money /
minerals / ships it owns as a guarantee=collateral ... then a
financier we work for puts 100 million € in a fund that has been
created to support the Millennium Development Goals.  The fund has
received a AAA-rating from the financial markets because it generated
35% average annual interest since 2000 and this every year, a
guarantee to get back at least the initial collateral / 100.000.000
€, a dynamic capital protection, ...

35% average interest of 100.000.000 € that are "sleeping" = 35
million € every year ... you can buy quite a lot of 100€ laptops
with that.... just keep the collateral for 3 years in the fund ...
and you've got yourself 1 million laptops... then you take back your
collateral ... the financier takes the 100.000.000 € out of the
fund ... nobody receives the 35% interest anymore ... so we're back
as the situation before... but the country has 1 million kids running
around with OLPC's ... at no cost.

I need to talk this through with the appropriate person at OLPC ...
but I don' t have any telephone number.

I hope this is the right forum to communicate this, but I find no way
to contact people at OLPC. Check who DFK is ... this is a serious email.

Those interested to discuss the topic:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/
Talk:Ask_OLPC_a_Question#Financing_techniques_for_OLPC

Kind Regards,

SvenAERTS228 at gmail.com
Associate - Responsible Green Cell

Advisers Associates DFK,