[olpc-help] XO Laptop (Wont turn on)

OLPC Community Support community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Mar 26 19:05:39 EDT 2012

Hello,

It has been a while since I last used my OLPC XO and when I went to turn it
on today it made the noise and I saw the man but when the first dot
appeared below the man it just shut off. I tried to install the new
software 11.3.0 and was successful. However the same happened again. I
thought it might be a firmware problem but i cannot reach the ok prompt to
install new firmware and was unsuccessful at the other methods
of installation. I am using a charger purchased from Radio Shack that works
and meets requirement on the power page and my battery last about one
minuet. I have tried everything and want to know what I need to do to get
my XO to work again.

From,
Stephen