[olpc-help] Olpc XO screen showing green dots on dark colours.

OLPC Community Support community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue May 31 18:07:43 EDT 2011

Hi, as the subject says, our XO is having this problem. But when the same
part of the LCD has a lighter colour, it looks perfect. One thread I read on
a forum somewhere was talking about dead or stuck-on pixels, however I doubt
this is the problem since it works fine with light colours. Though, maybe
the pixel get's stuck on when dark colours are on screen then returns to
normal with light colours?

The thread said to wrap a towel around a finger and gently massage the
screen to fix the dead/stuck-on pixels, will this actually help? If not, how
can I get the XO repaired? Thanks in advance!