[olpc-help] Hello World activity - the problem is broader

OLPC Community Support community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Oct 21 09:50:04 EDT 2009

   i am having a similar problem.
   i would like to know, from 10,000 feet, what is
an activity: what is an XO bundle? how to validate
a .xo file as installable, as usable? what is the
difference between a .xo and a .xol file?
   i have no windows computers. i use ubuntu linux
and have access to XO boxes. my preference is to
learn what to do on the XO box (i don't like
emulation environments): is it possible to create
an activity bundle on the XO itself?
   i have found that the laptop.org wiki is not
easy to navigate to find answers to the questions
above.