[olpc-help] Hello World activity - the problem is broader

OLPC Community Support community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Oct 20 10:36:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

I discovered that my problem is broader than the "Hello [Sugar] World" activity I referred to previously.

ANY ".xo" bundle I download from anywhere other than the "official"  website fails to install. (This is true of this bundle, named "Theorie", found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/musictheory/files/ ).  The files do not get written to /home/olpc/Activities, and when I manually install them, nothing shows up on the home screen, and I don't know what options to give to /usr/bin/sugar-activity to run the activity.

Please help!  How does a home-brewed module get installed/run??

ANYONE OUT THERE???

this list really looks dead. Developers (are they reading this mailing list?) respond once a year, it seems.