[olpc-help] Adding activities after update

Tim Connor timconnor2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 22:16:40 EDT 2008

I updated to build 711, then tried to reinstall the activities using the USB
flash drive procedure.  Well, it turned out the blank flash drive was
formatted in FAT rather than FAT16, so it didn't work.  The XO is the only
computer we have that doesn't run XP, and XP doesn't support formatting
drives in anything but FAT and FAT32.  There are alternative procedures for
reinstalling activities, but they seem to require access to the command
line.  Without the terminal activity, I can't find any way to access it. How
do I do that?

Or, how do I reformat the flash drive? (going out and buying flash drives
until I find one with the right format seems inefficient).

Tim