[olpc-help] Sugar GUI applications (activities) won't start

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Mar 26 05:57:49 EDT 2008

Andrew wrote:

> The "Terminal Activity" and lynx _do_ load, which suggests to me that the problem is with the GUI apps only.
>
> HOWEVER, it seems to be SUGAR apps, in particular, because when I run  emacs GUI, as user olpc and with DISPLAY=:0 , emacs GUI does come up correctly.

Sugar logs a lot of info:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Attaching_Sugar_Logs_to_Tickets

Under /home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs there will be the current logs and
then some subdirectories that are timestamps of previous logs.  Try
starting your apps and then looking at your log files and see if there
is anything throwing an exception.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child