[olpc-help] keyboard unresponsive when XO suspended for a few hours

Ixo X oxI ixo at myna.ws
Thu Jun 19 23:06:53 EDT 2008

Bruce,
I found with earlier versions of the build.  The 'wake' from suspend (i.e.
the lid closing) was 'a little sloppy' on waking up.  Sometimes it would be
fine, if wake up while plugged into AC.

Most of the time, it was delicate dancing on pushing the 'power' button for
just-the-right-amount-of-time.
As soon as the screen came back, I release button immediately and it would
work.  If button was left down too long, the whole laptop would shut down.
Anything less, the screen would come awake for a split second then fall back
asleep.

Also would depend on the activity currently running, leaving in sugar was
best bet.

Try tapping the button for different amounts of time, and see what happens.
-Iain