[olpc-help] XO Laptop Questions

Sun Foundation sunfun at mtco.com
Wed Jun 4 11:15:20 EDT 2008

SUN FOUNDATION
1276 Sun Rd. Washburn, IL 61570
309.246.8403   Fax 309.246.3480
www.sunfoundation.org
sunfun at mtco.com

Dear OLPC Foundation,

I recently purchased an XO Laptop and am trying to figure out how to
set it up. I have read the website and have gotten as far as changing
my XO's nickname and color. I still do not know how to become the su
root user or how to set the time zone and date. In addition, I am
wondering if it is possible to set a password on the computer or if
there is any way to register the laptop.

I work at a not-for-profit organization called the Sun Foundation,
which advances the environmental sciences and arts in the community
by providing educational programs to students. I bought this laptop
to use at one of our programs called, Art and Science in the Woods. I
felt this laptop would be beneficial to the students when doing field
research because it would help them take pictures, journal, and
search the internet for found species. Hopefully, this information
will aid you in answering my questions, now that you know my intent
and usage of the laptop.

Thank you for your efforts to aid children by giving them education.

Sincerely,

Stacey Hannah
Executive Assistant
Sun Foundation