[olpc-help] Python Development

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Sun Jan 27 07:54:54 EST 2008

1. I built  a python development machine. Sugar-jhbuild runs just fine
on it. I followed the tutorial at:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-xo-python-i.html

The process works fine until I try to create a package and the system
cannot find "sugar.activity". I cannot find it with "find".

Sugar-jhbuild is located in a subdirectory of /home/olpc/.

I am running as the olpc user.

2. Having failed with Sugar-jhbuild, I put qemu on my laptop and went
that way. Qemu seems to want to run but generates an error message on
trying to open my image:

y7150 at Fluffy:~$ qemu -m 256 -hda /home/olpc/XOimg/os650.img
qemu: could not open hard disk image '/home/olpc/XOimg/os650.img'

The image file is the same one I have used to flash my XO.

I am running as the olpc user.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would like very much to begin doing some Python development.

Thanks!!

---
http://www.litenverden.org