[olpc-help] jabber enabled, but nobody in my neighborhood. Why?

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 24 20:02:18 EST 2008

I had the exact same problem. This morning I upgraded to build 653 to fix my WPA issue, and that didn't help, so I changed the channel on my access point from 2 to 1 (seriously) and immediately my XO connected. I reset the jabber server to xochat.org and clicked on the mesh button and everyone showed up. I had a nice chat with a couple of people before the chat scroll bug hit me, and I'll do that fix as soon as I can.

I still have no idea what the problem was, but it is working now.