[olpc-help] Forum Tutorials -> Wiki Articles

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:02:46 EST 2008

Wiki-gurus,

As part of the forum migration (that is happening friday night... anyone
want to blog about it!?), it seems like a great time to make the tutorials
that have been put up on the forum into proper wiki articles. I've asked on
IRC for those that have some wiki-markup knowledge and a bit of free time to
look on forum[0] at the [Sticky] threads move them to the wiki if it makes
sense.

The migration/merge is a good excuse for us to clean house on the forum and
move tutorials and guides to the wiki so they can be updated and improved
over time. Once we launch, the goal is to have zero "Sticky" threads and as
few as possible "Announcement" in a separate category all together. Things
like Richard's recomendations for sticky keyboard RMAs could probably be
considered an announcement. "How to read ebooks and pdfs" could either get
their own article, or be spliced in the appropriate existing pages. Those
who have spent more time on organzing the layout of the wiki will know how
to best do that and where things can go.

If you want to help out, please post a quick link to the forum thread you're
updated/depricating and, if appropriate, the new wiki article thta was
created from it. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

[0] http://en.forum.laptop.org/    #notice the en for English (other
languages to follow!). http://forum.laptop.org will redirect to this site
until we get a design for a multi-lingual landing page, akin to what
wikipedia.org has.

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab