[olpc-help] SD cards KNOWN to work in XO?

quixote community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 23 15:27:45 EST 2008

We need a hardware compatibility list for SD cards, please!  I've had lots of troubles with cards, and I see scattered reports of others with similar problems.  Can anyone answer the following?  Or point me to the wiki page?  I can't find a summary anywhere of what works and what doesn't.

Which SD cards have been successfully used in XOs?

Which High Capacity cards are currently working?

Which of the above cards have been formatted to ext3, not vfat, and work without a hitch?

Has anyone successfully partitioned a SDHC card into an ext3 (linux boot) partition and a vfat (data) partition?  If yes, what make and model of card was it??

I've seen a report that the A-Data 16GB works.  Anyone second that?