[olpc-help] No Delivery on $4000 Give-One Get-One Order

phebejim phebejim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:44:35 EST 2008

I hope someone can help me.
In October I persuaded a private foundation to contribute $4000 to
the Give-One-Get-One program. The 10 computers it would receive would
be sent to a small school in Costa Rica, the other 10, of course,
would go to schools designated by OLPC. I placed the order in mid-
November.
In spite of 5 or 6 phone calls (from Costa Rica), which required
waits on hold of up to 45 minutes, my order is still not in the
system: the site for checking on orders still rejects my email
address and order number as invalid.
In my latest attempt to get the order straightened out I was told
that my credit card number was "wroten (sic)down wrong" and they
didn't know how to get in touch with me. This latter in spite of my
receiving an apology from OLPC by email of the prior screw up on my
order. I can't imagine that anyone in OLPC management would regard
this situation as acceptable but I've been unable to discover a way
to get beyond the order/shipping folks (subcontractor?).
Is it not bizarre that our foundation is having such difficulty
making a $4000 donation?
Does anyone know how to fix this situation?
I've arranged for two sets of people to be couriers to bring down the
laptops and it seems now I'll have to find a third set.
HELP!
Thanks.