[olpc-help] Changing runlevel to 3, problem!

Torus community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 22 07:24:36 EST 2008

All:

If I go into /etc/inittab and change the default runlevel to 3, in theory this should boot to a simple login.  This it does.  However every five seconds or so the screen is overwritten by a colored screen with the XO logo guy in the middle.  This writes over whatever I'm doing though what I'm doing is still active and I can continue to type within that session and the text just then overwrites the screen until five or so seconds later when the overwrite happens again.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Justin