[olpc-help] Sending attachments

Anita Lewis a.lewis at linuxbasics.org
Mon Jan 21 07:26:03 EST 2008

Thank you, Franco.  I see what you mean.  The item must be in the
Journal.  I moved the file from the USB by the drag and drop method and
then tried gmail attachment again.  This time it worked.  Two things
were different from yours:

1. I am using build 650
2. I was able to attach files with both the older version of gmail and
the newer version.

With the newer version, I had difficulty at first being able to type in
the message block.  I changed from rich text to plain text and could
type.  Later I restarted Browser and tried again.  I set it to rich text
and was able to type this time.  I think the older version is easier to
get into the message pane to type, but it is possible to send
attachments using the newer version as well as the older version.

Anita