[olpc-help] need login for terminal function?

franco community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 20 02:08:34 EST 2008

sambot,

the XO out of the box needs no login or password to get into terminal.
How are you going to the Terminal activity?
Are you clicking on the Terminal icon?  If yes, then it takes you to terminal as a user and gives you a $ prompt.  The typing su gets you root access and a # prompt.

Search at this site to learn how to use the XO:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Home

If I give advice it is usually because I did it /  tested it successfully on my XO.  I will warn you otherwise.