[olpc-help] Recover process => Boot failed. Cause for RMA?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Jan 17 19:31:17 EST 2008

Anonymous wrote:

> I did indeed "re"flash to build 650, which was what it shipped with.
> Did you mean by "it shouldn't do anything" that this upgrade

> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activated_Upgrade#Upgrade_the_Activated_Laptop)

 From the above wiki page if you follow the procedure that begins like this:

<snip>

For the general public

(for G1G1 Recipients)

0. Before performing the upgrade, please note that EVERYTHING previously
created will be deleted!

1. You need a USB stick that is larger than 300 MB, and it is better
that you format it before copying any files over.

</snip>

You will have a completely fresh install.  This process wipes the nand
flash.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child