[olpc-help] Recover process => Boot failed. Cause for RMA?

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 17 11:07:44 EST 2008

nlee wrote:
> So, for a factory-shipped machine running 650, it shouldn't do anything.

Thanks for the reply, nlee.

I did indeed "re"flash to build 650, which was what it shipped with. Did you mean by "it shouldn't do anything" that this upgrade (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activated_Upgrade#Upgrade_the_Activated_Laptop) only changes the "alternate disk image," discussed here (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#How_can_I_restore_my_Give1Get1_XO_to_its_factory_configuration.3F), if the build level is different from what's already there? I assumed that reflashing would always rewrite the entire internal memory, but maybe the alternate disk image is fixed at build 650, and cannot be changed? I'll try build 653 anyway, and see what happens.