[olpc-help] External DC Power Jack Specs

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Jan 15 17:05:07 EST 2008

    anybody able to specify the parts needed to make
a replacement? i'm guessing something like:
* transformer
* diode bridge
* two-conductor cable
* connector
* other?
(the above list is insufficient because it doesn't spec
the transformer, diode bridge, and cable, needs
something like Xformer:10:1 stepdown 2A secondary;
diode bridge 3A at 50 VDC; two-conductor cable #22
stranded...; connector must be wired positive exterior
negative interior; necessary disclaimer: "if you do this,
you're nuts and you void any warrantees".)