[olpc-help] External DC Power Jack Specs

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Jan 15 13:34:09 EST 2008

For those of you that are looking for a power jack that will fix the XO
the following should help:

The XO DC jack specs: (all circular measurements are diameter)

  1.67mm Center pin
  5.5mm	Outer barrel
  11mm contact length

Here at OLPC we have tested the following:

Digikey part #

CP-2199-ND (right angle)
CP-2195-ND

The barrel for these parts is 4.75 mm and the length is 9.5mm but they
still fit nicely.  The right angle part won't swivel around 360 degrees
because it interferes with the high side of the plastic casing.  9.5 mm
looks like its about the smallest you can go with the length.

These parts have a 6ft wire and a molded housing plug housing and
terminate in 2 bare wires.

The outer cutout in the plastic casing of the XO is 10mm so make sure
that the plastic molding of the plug is < 10mm.

I've also been told that IBM X21 power adapters work.  I've not found
any detailed specifications on the plug used but voltage wise (16V) they
are fine.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child