[olpc-help] screen does not come on

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Jan 14 03:47:57 EST 2008

Anonymous wrote:

> Or - is it so that the internal clock starts ticking once the
> battery is in place again? In that case, I can't see why the computer
>  has to be left on for a month. Shouldn't it be enough to just leave
> if off for a month until the month value changes and then power it
> up?

This is correct.  Once the battery is installed the RTC will start
ticking.  Note that the wait 31+ days is just a guess on my part.  It
_should_ work but this has not been tested.  I'll ask my AMD guy if he
agrees with me.

I think your best bet is to send a request to developer at laptop.org
asking if there are any developers near your area that have a serial
adapter and would be interested in helping you recover the XO.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child