[olpc-help] where do i get my ssid anyway?

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 12 18:29:49 EST 2008

i understand that i need my ssid to connect with a wap but i dont even know where to get that identification and i dont know where to get my wireless access point key number from my laptop. where would i find these? on my home computer? on the olpc laptop? I have wi-fi but i dont understand where the information is kept.
if you could please help me understand this. I use computers a lot but not enough to know how to enter special codes or commands.